COMMENTS WELCOME!

If you are enjoying our little blog please leave a comment. You do not need to be a member to anything. Simply click on the comments link, enter your comment, and click name/URL and then post. It's easy and we enjoy your comments. Please note all comments are moderated prior to posting.

Saturday, May 5, 2007

Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival

So now that I am a O.C.D knitter. I had to go to the "Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival" I was quick to send Paul a message saying. "I'm in heaven!" Wow! I could have gone nuts! Lot's of vendors selling everything from the sheep to the wool to the needles to the finished products. It was packed! I saw some amazing wools. I kind of decided I really don't need to buy any wool right now as I have enough W.I.P's. But I still wanted to get something. So I got something different. I want to try spinning. I walked past a booth were a woman was demonstrating drop spinning. I watched and asked some questions and was sold. She had spinning starter kits for only $9.50. It included directions some wool and the spindle. So I picked up a kit. I decided I may want to pick up some more wool in case it goes well. So I got this great bag of a dyed funky purple. Picture isn't that great the color is amazing. So will make sure to keep it on the calendar and we need to plan a trip for next year. I saw several knitting groups show up and just sit around and knit and chat.
So I am going to try my hand at spinning.

My purple wool.


She is knitting the wool right off the rabbit! I have never seen that before!
The rabbit seamed happy enough.

I guess a bunny may be easier to keep than sheep!


Sheep!
Aww I want one!

Loom

A little music

More booths

Aww arent they cute! Alpaca

My sheep playing in the grass. Sorry had to show my baby!



No comments: