COMMENTS WELCOME!

If you are enjoying our little blog please leave a comment. You do not need to be a member to anything. Simply click on the comments link, enter your comment, and click name/URL and then post. It's easy and we enjoy your comments. Please note all comments are moderated prior to posting.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Getting things done




So I finally finished Dale's Green Kilt Hose. This is the second pair of He' mo Kilt Hose I have made. This pair was made with Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Forest Heather. I believe I used 8 skeins for the project. The wool is very nice and affordable too! I am very pleased with the final outcome. Dale is as well of coarse :-)

After finishing the Kilt Hose I needed a super fast easy project for some instant gratification. This is a yarn I spun about a year ago. It is a great soft Merino. The project I chose for it was the Herringbone Neck Warmer. This was a great easy project that I finished in 2 days and already love! It is a great little scarf to throw on under a coat to keep your neck warm without all the bulk of a scarf.

Like others who had done the scarf, I was a bit confused on how to do the Herringbone Stitch pattern. I watched the youtube pattern that everyone provided on Ravelry and it made more sense. Basically on the knit side S1 K1 YO then PSSO. That is a little easier than how it is described in the pattern. I also tried it on as I went. The pattern said to make it 28 inches that would have been WAY too long for me. I made it up to an inch within the correct size and then did the button hole edging and it worked out great. I just purchased yarn for Dale he wants one too!

I also dusted (literally) off the wheel and decided to do a bit f spinning the other night. This lovely wool was purchased at the Sheep and Wool festival this year. It is a beautiful blend of silk, Romney and Corriedale from The Barefoot Spinner. I am thinking to make this a two ply. I have almost one bobbin full and I still have a foot wide ball of roving to spin! It's Pretty :-) Makes me think Firefly for some reason.

No comments: