COMMENTS WELCOME!

If you are enjoying our little blog please leave a comment. You do not need to be a member to anything. Simply click on the comments link, enter your comment, and click name/URL and then post. It's easy and we enjoy your comments. Please note all comments are moderated prior to posting.

Saturday, April 28, 2007

First Meeting...no PARTY of the Knit Wits

Well the first meeting was great! We had Barb Heather and I at my humble apartment in Alexandria. We did get a little bit of knitting done :-) Truth is we have'nt seen each other in so long there was just too much to talk about! LOL However...we did get barb back on the needles and doing a pretty good job having not done it in a while. Heather is working on a scarf for her brother which she started engh a little while ago...(January!) and I got a few rows done on a nice cable scarf that I am making for my mom. And all in all just had a nice time. I would say we learned 2 lessons...

1. Stacy bought WAY TO MUCH FOOD!
2. We need to do this often so we have less to talk about! LOL

So here is what we are thinking...we talked about trying to meet officially the second Wednesday and the last Wednesday of every month. With the occasional casual meetings on the weekend. Heather is getting a house and wants to be a hostess with the most! And I just want to get out of the house! So the occasional want to knit his weekend may happen as well. We kind of came to the conclusion that it seams like I am the most central point for everyone. So for ow we are just going to hold the next meting or two here. Meeting....I don't like that word sounds like work....from here on n they will be PARTY'S! So the next two PARTY'S will be on May the 9th and May the 30th. 6:30 7:00ish worked well too.
If anyone wants to just chill and knit at other times PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put out a post.
For those who were not in the blog email I have started us a blog and I want for everyone to post on it. Email me for the password and login. I am going to post this email on the blog so email me for the information. Here is the link http://knitwitknitters.blogspot.com/

Post pics of stuff your working on wool you have bought Whatever!!!!

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Hi. Barbara here. Here are some things I've learned since our first Knit Wits gathering:
1. Stacy had *way* too much food.
2. I'm a "tight" knitter (though I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing!)
3. I can't knit in the same room with my cat! (Does cat saliva affect the finished product?)
4. Scotch and knitting don't mix.
5. Knitting hurts when you have arthritis in your thumbs.
6. Scotch soothes the pain of arthritis.
7. See #4.
8. My "progress" on my project was short-lived. I've had to pull out about 30 rows!
9. I won't give up!
10. I love the Knit Wits!!! :)
See you Wednesday!